- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
7 killed in Gopalganj road crash
Seven people, including a minor, were killed and at least 20 others injured in a road accident as a bus rammed a truck in Betgram area on Dhaka-Khulna Highway in Sadar upazila on Friday night.
Of the deceased, two were identified as Yunus Khan, 50, son of Lutfur Rahman of Kathi village of the upazila and Mahi, 5, son of Shahin Morol of Moroldanga village in Fakirhat upazila of Bagerhat district.
Officer-in-charge of Gopalganj Sadar Police Station Selim Reza said the accident took place around 8:00 pm when a Pirojpur-bound ‘Dola Paribahan’ bus hit a truck, fully loaded with trunks, from the backside.
In the aftermath, some of the trunks entered the bus breaking the windshield and hit the bus passengers, leaving seven of them dead on the spot and 20 others injured.
Gopalganj Sadar Upazila Fire Service and Civil Defense Station Master Niyamul Huda said on information the rescue force and police rushed to the spot and recovered the bodies and rescued the injured.
The injured were admitted to Gopalganj General Hospital, he added.