- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Islami Bank opens 329th branch at Ranishankail
Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited opened its 329th branch at College Road of Ranishankail upazila of Thakurgaon on Sunday.
Professor Md Yeasin Ali, Member of the Parliament from Thakurgaon-3 constituency, inaugurated the branch as chief guest.
Presided over by Md Abdul Hamid Miah, managing director and CEO of the bank, the programme was also addressed among others by Abu Reza Md Yeahia, deputy managing director, Muhammad Qaisar Ali, senior executive vice president of the bank, Md Saidul Haque, president of Ranishankail upazila Awami League and Md Aynul Haque, chairman of Ranishankail upazila parishad.
Md Shahidur Rahman, executive vice president and head of Rangpur zone delivered the welcome address while Md Shamsuddoha, senior vice president, discussed on ‘Superiority of Islamic Banking’.
Md Sajeman Ali, Md Mustafizur Rahman (Mostak) and Ajit Mondol addressed the programme on behalf of the clients and well-wishers while Md Sanarul Haque Basunia, manager of the branch, thanked the clients.
Among others, executives of the bank, businesspersons, professionals and local elites were present on the occasion.