- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Zonta Club raises safety awareness among female RMG workers in Gazipur
An initiative was taken at an RMG factory in Rajendrapur to raise awareness on personal safety and employee rights of female workers by Zonta Club of greater Dhaka on Monday.
Led by the Club’s president and general secretary, they visited a factory and got to know about its existing policies regarding workers’ safety measures and their work environment.
Sonia Panni, president of the Club and Dr Zerin Karim, its general secretary, then went on to enlighten the workers about their rights and how they can exercise those.
Tehmina Enayet, a fellow Zontian, along with Sayeda Rokhsana, Sharmin Rifat and Nasrin Rab, also spoke on the occasion.
Later, assorted merchandises, including t-shirts, leaflets and food, were distributed among the workers.
The organisers told reporters that this is part of Zonta’s united campaign initiative, which began in November 25 and will conclude in December 10.