- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
UNHRC adopts resolution on Rohingya issue
The UN Human Rights Council on Tuesday adopted a resolution on the Rohingya issue.
The resolution was passed by 33 votes at the 27th special session of the Human Rights Council in Geneva on the human rights situation of the minority Rohingya Muslim population and other minorities in Rakhine State of Myanmar, said State Minister for Foreign Affairs M Shahriar Alam.
Nine countries, including India, refrained from giving vote while three others -- China, Burundi and the Philippines -- voted against the resolution, he said while talking to UNB.
India, however, explained its position.