- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
IU ‘C’ unit's 2nd, 3rd shifts admission tests cancelled
Islamic University, BdChronicle:
Islamic University (IU) authorities have cancelled the second and third shifts’ admission tests under Humanities and Social Science Faculty for its 2017-18 academic sessions due to the complexity of its question papers.
The decision was taken at an emergency meeting of the university’s central admission tests committee with IU Vice-Chancellor Professor M Harun-Ur-Rashid Askair in the chair, said sources at IU registrar office on Tuesday night.
Sources said the first shift admission test of the unit was held comprising Padma set with A and B question papers. During the second shift admission test, duty invigilators found the same questions in Jomuna’s B set. They, at one stage, informed the matter to the university authorities.
Later, the university authorities took decision to cancel the second shift as well as the third shift admission tests.
Among others, IU Pro-VC Professor M Shahinoor Rahman, Treasurer Professor M Selim Toha, acting registrar SM Abdul Latif, the unit coordinator Associate Professor M Debasish Sharma were present at the meeting.
The unit coordinator, Associate Professor Debasish Sharma, said that the second and third shift intake tests are likely to be held on Friday morning following the decision of the university’s central admission tests committee.