- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
7 injured in clash at JU
Jahangirnagar University, BdChronicle:
At least 7 students were injured in a clash between two groups of students of Jahangirnagar University centering a football match on Wednesday.
The injured were identified as Jony, Abdullah Al Mamun, Jamshed Alam of Al Beruni Hall and Salman, Foysal, Antor and Anayet , all of them residential students of Mir Mosharraf Hossain (MH) Hall.
The injured were rushed to the university medical center, from where Jony was referred to the Enam Medical College Hospital in Savar for better treatment.
Witnesses said the clash ensued between students of MH Hall and Al Beruni Hall as Jony of MH Hall locked into an altercation with Salman of Al Beruni Hall during a football match of the ongoing Chancellor’s Cup at the central field around 5:00 pm.
Later the altercation turned to a clash between the students of the two halls, leaving seven of them injured.
JU Proctor Prof Tapan Kumar Saha said, "Steps will be taken after proper investigation of the incident".