- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Next polls to be held as per constitution: Home Minister
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan on Saturday said that the next general election will be held as per the constitution of the country and the Election Commission (EC) will perform its duty on its own way.
Talking to the reporters after attending a rally organised by Awami League as chief guest at Modho bazar area of Lalmohan upazila the minister said “There is no alternative to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for country’s development. For the sake of the advancement people must choose Awami League.”
There was 19 fail attempts to kill the Prime Minister Shaikh Hasina but the almighty Allah saved her each time, he said.
“We have reduced the poverty level down to 22 percent, and targeting to cut it into 12 percent within 2020/21. We shall ensure education of at least 75 percent of people while within 2040 total hundred percent people will be educated.”, he said.
Lalmohan upazila AL president and MP Nurunnabi Chowdhury Shaon, Lalmohan upazila chairman Gias Uddin Ahmed, Lalmohan municipality mayor Emdadul Islam Tuhin, Upazila AL general secretary Ali Reza Mia also spoke at the rally.