- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Corruption of Zia family already proved: Obaidul
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader on Saturday said the corruption of Zia family, including Khaleda Zia and Tareque Rahman, has already been proved and there is no need to prove it again.
At a press conference at party president Sheikh Hasina’s Dhanmondi office, he urged the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) to bring the Zia family under trial after investigation.
Quader, also Road Transport and Bridges Minister, said, “The BNP leaders would face legal actions if they fail to prove their claim of corruption in Padma Multipurpose Bridge and Metro Rail projects against Awami League.
“We will file cases against the BNP leaders if they fail to prove their allegations against us.”
The Awami League general secretary also said the corruption of Zia family has proved in the courts of Singapore, United States, but they did not seek apology to countrymen for their misdeeds.
‘Doing corruption is the character of BNP,” Quader said, adding that “Go to the ACC office and prove that your leader is not corrupt.”
The party’s joint general secretaries Dipu Moni, Jahangir Kabir Nanak, and Abdur Rahman, organising secretary Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury, attended the press conference, among others.