- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
A security was burnt to death in a fire that broke out at a branch of United Commercial Bank (UCB) at a city corporation market in Taanbazar area of the city early Sunday.
The deceased was identified as Selim, 45.
The fire originated at the bank around 3:30am and soon spread to the whole office, killing Selim on the spot, said officer-in-charge of Sadar police station.
Informed, four units of firefighters from Mandalpara and Haziganj rushed to the spot and brought the flame under control.
Later, firefighters recovered the charred body of Selim from inside the bank.
All valuables of the bank except the vault room were burnt in the fire, the police officer added.
It was not still clear what caused the fire.