- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
State Minister for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak said on Sunday Bangladesh will keep a more vital role for itself in Information and Communication TechnoDhalogy (ICT) sector in cooperation with the countries of Asia Pacific region.
State Minister came up with these remarks in his speech as a special guest at the closing ceremony of 17th APICTA Awards Dhaka-2017 (known as ICT Oscar of Asia Pacific region), at Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC) in the city.
Palak said Bangladesh is improving swiftly in ICT sector, in which there are “huge possibilities”, he said. . Bangladesh will keep vital role in this sector if the existing cooperation will continues with the countries of Asia Pacific.
Bangladesh gets remittance from USA, Canada, Russia, India and European countries for exporting home-made software’s and ICT goods.
We gets at least 80 million US dollars in last year exporting those software and ICT goods. We expected this amount will be raised at least 1 billion in this year, Palak added.
Palak also said ICT division set a target to get at least 5 billion in 2021.
ICT division and Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services (BASIS) jointly organised the programme. Some 366 competitors from 16 countries took part in the programme with 47 projects in 17 categories.