- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
Two motorcyclists were killed in a road accident at Jaul overbridge area of Kamarkhanda upazila on Sunday afternoon.
The deceased were identified as Manik, 32, resident of Jagatghati villge of Sadar upazila and Sharna Khatun, 21, sister-in-law of Manik.
Md Daud, Officer-in-Charge of Bangabandhu Bridge West Police Station, said the accident took place on Sunday around 3pm when a Dhaka-bound Hanif Transformation bus pressed down a bicycle, leaving the duo dead on the spot.
Later, police recovered the body and sent it to Sirajganj Sadar Hospital morgue for autopsy.