- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
SI without ticket gets violent
A Bangladesh Railways official was allegedly beaten by a sub-inspector (SI) of Bangladesh Police for protesting the Sub-inspector’s train journey without ticket at Lalmoni Express train on Sunday.
Police and Railway sources said SI Emran Hossain along with two constables and a convict got on an air-conditioned compartment of Lalmoni Express from Gaibandha railway station for Ishwardi GRP.
The SI became very angry while the ticket checker wanted to see the ticket.
Later the checker informed the matter to the guard Jahirul Islam.
Jahirul Islam also wants to see the ticket and the SI gave him a good beat.
Following the incident the employee of train became agitated and blocked the train at Natore railway station about one hour.
The situation becomes normal after closing the SI to Sayedpur Police.