- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
PRAN’s three companies receive top VAT payer award
Three companies of PRAN Group received the highest VAT payer’s award for 2015-2016 financial year as they paid the highest amount of VAT in production category at district level.
The companies are - Habiganj Agro Ltd, Natore Agro Ltd and Banga Bakers Ltd in Habiganj, Natore and Sylhet district respectively.
The award was given on the occasion of National VAT Day on Sunday, said a press release of PRAN Group on Monday.
HM Manjurul Islam, general manager, Golam Saklaen and Hassan Shorif, senior manager (VAT) received the award on behalf of Habigang Agro, Natore Agro and Banga Bakers Limited respectively.
National Board of Revenue gave crest and certificate to various organisation for paying highest VAT across the country including Dhaka in three categories-production, service and business.