- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
Two cousins were chopped to death by miscreants at Duttapara of the city on Tuesday night.
The deceased were identified as Akhtar Hossain, son of Mujibur Rahman, and his cousin Ashiqur Rhman, son of Habibur Rahman of the area.
Firoj Talukder, officer-in-charge of Tongi Police Station, said a group of criminals swooped on the two cousins around 7pm and hacked them indiscriminately while they were gossiping at an under-construction building adjacent to Duttapara Baitul Rahman Jam-e Mosque, leaving critically injured.
Locals rescued the duo and took them to Tongi Govt Hospital where doctors declared them dead.
Akhtar returned home from the UAE one year ago and Ashiqur came to the country from Italy six months ago, the OC said, adding they were yet to ascertain the reason behind the murder.