- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Bangladesh finishes 3rd in South Asian Badminton
Bangladesh finished 3rd in the team event of the 1st South Asian Regional Badminton Tournament that concluded in the Indian city Ghuahati recently.
Bangladesh team finished 3rd to win the bronze medal losing to Nepal by 1-4 sets after beating Bhutan by 5-0 sets and the Maldives by 3-2 sets.
Bangladeshi pair Jumar and Urmi became runners-up to win the silver medal in the mixed double losing to Krishna and Mithula pair of India by 0-2 sets.
Bangladesh partner Jumar and Gourav win the bronze medal in the men’s doubles losing to Krishna and Aritap of India by straight 0-2 sets while Basngladeshi pair Urmi and Reshma also won the women’s double bronze medal after conceding 0-2 sets defeat against the Maldives.