- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Islami Bank opens 331st branch at Phulpur of Mymensingh
Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited opened its 331st Branch at Phulpur of Mymensingh on Tuesday as chief guest.
Arastoo Khan, Chairman of the Bank inaugurated the branch.
Presided over by Md. Mahbub ul Alam, Additional Managing Director, the program was addressed by Md. Aminul Haque, Phulpur Poura Mayor, Md. Habibur Rahman, Chairman and Monowara Begum, Women Vice Chairman of Phulpur Upazila Parishad and Rashed Hossain Choudhury, Upazila Nirbahi Officer as special guest.
The executives of the bank, local businesspersons, professionals and prominent personalities were present at the function.
Arastoo Khan in his speech said, Islami Bank is governed by the principles of justice and Shariah. Islami Bank has become the country's largest bank by compliance of the regulations by all the regulatory authorities and country’s rules properly.
Md. Mahbub ul Alam said, Islami Bank has been working in the last 34 years to improve the lives of marginalized people through economic development of the country. Islami Bank has been contributing in upgrading the rural areas along with urban with the hard-earned deposit of the people, he added.