- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
IU students agitated for a reducing admission fees
Islamic University, BdChronicle:
The students of Islamic University (IU) in Kushtia on Wednesday staged a demonstration on their sprawling campus demanding reduction admission fees under its 2017-18 academic sessions.
Witnesses said around one hundred students of different departments gathered in front of the university’s administration building and staged a sit-in programme there under the banner of ‘General Students’ around 12:00pm.
Students allege university authorities are increasing the admission fees every year on account of development of its various sectors. The students requested the university authorities to reduce its admission fees, one of the agitating students said. They will continue their agitation if their demands are not met, the student added.
IU Vice-Chancellor Professor M Harun-Ur-Rashid Askari said that the admission fees have been increased in tune with other public universities.