- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
President attends BD cultural event in Istanbul
Bangladesh Consulate General in Istanbul has organised a colourful event preceded by a reception in celebrating the glorious Victory Day of Bangladesh 2017 at the prestigious Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University in Istanbul.
President M Abdul Hamid who was in the city to lead a high-profile Bangladesh delegation to the OIC (Organisation of Islamic Countries) Extraordinary Summit attended the event, said Bangladesh Mission on Thursday.
State Minister for Foreign Affairs M Shahriar Alam, Bangladesh Ambassador to Turkey M Allama Siddiki and entourage members of the President were present.
Shahriar Alam highlighted Bangladesh’s unprecedented growth and development under the visionary leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
An impressive cultural show put up by Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy drew huge applause and appreciation from the gallery.
A dance performance by a Turkish cultural group choreographed on a popular Turkish folk music came as surprise to the guests.
A photo exhibition featuring Bangladesh’s history, business, economy, tourism and culture was also organised on the day.