- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
1971 clippings on display at DU
A day-long photo exhibition on liberation war was held at the Teacher-Student Center (TSC) of Dhaka University (DU) on Saturday marking the 47th Victory Day.
Dhaka University Journalists’ Association (DUJA) organised the exhibition titled ‘Bijoyer Pathe, Sangbadpatrer Sathe’ (On way to victory, along with newspapers).
DU vice chancellor Prof Md Akhtaruzzaman inaugurated the exhibition. DU teachers’ association president prof ASM Maksud Kamal, DUJA president Asif Taasin, among others, were present on the occasion.
A total 47 clippings, collected from the newspapers published from March to December in 1971, were displayed at the exhibition.