- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Walton’s founding chairman Nazrul Islam dies
SM Nazrul Islam, the founding chairman of country’s leading company Walton Group, died on Sunday. He was 93.
Nazrul breathed his last at the Apollo Hospitals in the city around 9:40 pm.
He was the pioneer of the country's electrical and electronics production industry.
The first namaz-e-janaza of Nazrul Islam will be held at the corporate office of Walton Group at Bashundhara residential area (Plot-1088, Block-I, Road-80 Flat-2,) in the capital at 10:50 am on Monday.
The second namaz-e-janaza will be performed at Walton Factory at Chandra in Kaliakair of Gazipur at 11:30 am.
He will be laid to eternal rest at his family graveyard of Tangail's Gosaijoair after third namaz-e-janaza after Asr prayers on Monday.
SM Nazrul is survived by wife, five sons and two daughters.