- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Bangladesh face Bhutan in SAFF U-15 Women’s tourney Tuesday
Bangladesh will take on Bhutan in their second match of the four-nation South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Under-15 Women’s Championship at Birshrestha Shaheed Sepoy Mohammad Mostafa Kamal Stadium in Kamalapur on Tuesday.
Bangladesh girls’ must look forward to win the match, which will begin at 11:30am on artificial turf, to confirm their final berth with one match to spare as they started the tournament campaign with a 6-0 victory against Nepal spurred by a brilliant hat-trick of forward Tohura Khatun.
In the day’s another game, which is scheduled to start at 2:30pm at the same venue, Nepal will face a tough opponent India the side can also utilise the opportunity to ensure final berth with a win like Bangladesh as they defeated Bhutan by 3-0 goals in the tournament opener.
If, the host Bangladesh and India can manage their wins Tuesday, Bhutan and Nepal will be eliminated from the final race of the tournament and will play each other in a dead rubber game on Thursday (December 21) when Bangladesh and India will fight for the top position of the league table.
The final of the age level international tournament will be held on Sunday (December 24).
Bangladesh and all the three other participating teams had their practice sessions at the BFF Artificial Turf and the tournament venue on Monday.