- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
AL’s defeat in RCC polls will not affect national polls: Muhith
Finance Minister AMA Muhith on Friday said the defeat of Awami League nominated mayoral aspirant in the Rangpur City Corporation polls will not affect the upcoming national elections.
The minister came up with the remark while talking to journalists after inaugurating the two-day long Insurance Fair in the city.
Mentioning that neutrality was maintained in the recent elections, Muhith said candidates from different parties win polls in the multi-party democratic system and it’s the characteristics of the multi-party democracy.
Earlier in the day, a rally was brought out from Court Point in the city that ended at Rikabibazar after parading several city streets.
A total of 30 insurance companies, including the state-run two, are taking part in the fair.