- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
BCL’s school committee concept not right, says Quader
Criticising Bangladesh Chhatra League’s concept of having school committees, Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader on Saturday said there is no need of such committees.
“The concept of having school committees of Chhatra League is not right. There’s no need to form school committees. This will draw flak for the party,” he said.
Quader, also Road Transport and Bridges Minister, was addressing a programme organised by the BCL central committee at Abdul Karim Shahitto Bisharad auditorium of Bangla Academy, marking the Martyred Intellectuals Day and the Victory Day.
The ruling party leader said students should focus more on study rather than politics. “It’ll be an extra burden for the students if the politics makes its entry at the school level. The colleges and university students can be involved in the politics,” he said.
He asked the BCL men to remain alert so that their activities cannot harm the party.
Presided over by BCL President Saifur Rahman Sohag, its General Secretary SM Zakir Hossain also spoke at the programme.