- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Bangladesh U 19 teem to fly for New Zealand on Tuesday
Bangladesh Under 19 cricket team will leave Dhaka on Tuesday at 00:45 hours for Dubai en route to Christchurch to participate in the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup Cricket billed for January-February net year in New Zealand.
The official photo session of the team will be held on Monday at 4 pm at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur where members of the Bangladesh team will be available for media interaction after the photo session.
Bangladesh will reach Christchurch from Dubai on December 27 and will play three warm-up matches on January 1, 3 and 5 all against Otago Eleven at University Oval ahead of the World Cup campaign.
Bangladesh, which was placed in the four-team Group C of the tournament, will Namibia on January 13, Canada on January 15 and England on January 18 in the group matches.
Bangladesh squad: Mohammed Saif Hassan (Captain), Afif Hossain Dhrubo (Vice Captain), Pinak Ghosh, Naim Sheikh, Towhid Ridoy, Aminul Islam Biplob, Mohammad Rakib, Mahidul Islam Bhuiyan Ankon, Shakil Hossain, Robiul Haque, Nayeem Hasan, Qazi Onik Islam, Roni Hossen, Hasan Mahmud and Tipu Sultan.