- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Moazzam Hossain new BMCCI president
Syed Moazzam Hossain, Managing Director of SMH Engineering Limited, and Shabbir Ahmed Khan of Khan & Deen Traders, have been elected president and secretary general respectively of Bangladesh-Malaysia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BMCCI) for the 2018-2019 term.
They were elected at the 16th annual general meeting (AGM) held here on Saturday, said the chamber body on Sunday.
Its two new vice presidents are Raquib Mohammad Fakhrul, Chairman of Ayurvedia Pharmacy (Dacca) Ltd and Syed Sadat Almas Kabir, Chief Executive Officer of Metro Net Bangladesh Limited.
M A Bakar, Managing Director of Jaycee Shipping Agency Ltd, and Engr Mohammad Badrul Hassan, Director of BBS Cables Ltd, were elected joint secretary general and treasurer respectively for the same period.
The other elected directors are Mohammad Osman Gani Chowdhury, Jamilur Rahman, Mahbubul Alam, Md Showkat Ali, KM Mijanur Rahman, Abul Hossain, Md Anwar Shahid, Dato’ Goonahlam Subramaniam, Syed Moinuddin Ahmed and Rahul Chaudhary.