- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Salahuddin expects spot in FIFA U-20 Women’s WC
President of Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) Kazi M Salahuddin on Monday said he wants the Bangladeshi girls to play the next FIFA Under-20 Women’s World Cup 2020.
He came up with the optimism when the Under-15 Women’s Team which clinched the four-nation SAFF U-15 Championships with an all-win record conceding no goal met him at his BFF Bhaban office in the afternoon.
Salahuddin, also the SAFF president, lauded the girls for their brilliant performance and greeted them on their great achievement. He also had lunch with the golden girls.
The BFF chief said, “As our girls had qualified for the eight-nation final round of the AFC meet, why they will not be in the best three teams in Asia if we support them. We’ll launch a long-term training camp for them from January 10 adding 27 more players with the existing 23.”
He also said the U-15 team will be given a reception and cash awards after a 10-day leave before joining the camp.