- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
DNCC by-polls: Feb 24 and 25 SSC exams to be rescheduled
The Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and its equivalent examinations of Dhaka Board of February 24 and 25 will be rescheduled to March due to the by-polls of Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC).
Acting secretary of Election Commission (EC) Helal Uddin Ahmed confirmed the matter, after attending a meeting with chairmen of Dhaka Education Board, Madrasah Education Board and Technical Education Board at the secretariat this afternoon.
SSC and its equivalent examinations of 2018 were scheduled to begin on February 2 and continue until February 26.
Meanwhile, the by-polls to the mayoral post of DNCC will be held on last week of February, said EC acting Secretary Helaluddin Ahmed on Sunday.
Besides, the elections for the councilor post in the 36 new wards -18 of the DNCC and 18 of the Dhaka South City Corporation (DSCC)-will be held on the same day during the end-February.
Helal said there are no legal complications for holding the by-polls.
Election schedule will be fixed by mid-January, said the official.
The DNCC mayoral post fell vacant with the death of Annisul Huq on November 30 last.