- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Shakib gets spot in Harsha Bhogle’s best ODI XI of 2017
Newly appointed Bangladesh cricket team Test and T20I sides captain Shakib Al Hasan has been placed in the Harsha Bhogle's best ODI side of 2017.
Harsha Bhogle, a prominent Indian commentator, selected his best ODI eleven of the year few days’ before the end of 2017. He believes Shakib will continue to take Bangladesh cricket to a different level.
In Harsha’s team, apart from Shakib there is one cricketer each from South Africa, Afghanistan and Pakistani while five Indian cricketers and the two Englishmen filled the rest spots.
In 2017, Shakib played 14 ODIs and scored 430 runs, including a century and three half centuries, at average 35.38. With ball, Shakib got six wickets in 12 innings conceding average of 99 runs.
Shakib made his ODI debut for Bangladesh in August, 2006 and played so far 180 matches to score 5080 runs at average 34.79 and with ball he captured 226 wickets conceding average 29.95runs.
The world fame all-rounder in all formats of cricket, Shakib is the greatest-ever performer for Bangladesh cricket till date and holding the top all-rounder spot in the ICC’s latest ranking list of Test and T20I formats and 2nd in the ODI list.
Harsha Bhogle’s best ODI eleven of 2017: Rohit Sharma (India), Shikhar Dhawan (India), Virat Kohli (India), AB de Villiers (South Africa), Mahendra Singh Dhoni (India), Ben Stokes (England), Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh), Rashid Khan (Afghanistan), Jasprit Bumrah (India), Liam Plunkett (England) and Hasan Ali (Pakistan).