- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
PM visits Jessore today
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is set to visit Jessore on Sunday to join the President Parade-2017 marking the commissioning of Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) officers and inaugurate different development projects in the district.
After reaching Jessore in the morning, Sheikh Hasina will first attend the President Parade-2017 at the BAF Base Matiur Rahman around 11 am.
Later, the Premier will lay the foundation stones of 27 development projects, including the Academic Building of Jessore Medical College, Waterlogging Removal Project of the Kapotakkhya River (first phase), the 500-seat Shaheed Mashiur Rahman Auditorium-cum-Multipurpose Hall, the Public Library (third phase) Development Project, Jessore Police Super Building, Jessore Police Hospital, Sheikh Russel's Sculptor, Jhikargacha Upazila Muktijoddha Complex, the Waterlogging Removal and Sustainable Water Management Development Project of the Bhairab River, upgradation work of Jessore-Benapole National Highway and Jessore-Benapole (Palashbari-Rajghat portion) road, Jessore Central Shaheed Minar, Hamidpur Compost Plant, Pre-treatment Plant and Biogas Plant and Control Landfill Cell Work.
Sheikh Hasina will later address a public rally at Jessore Eidgah Maidan at 3 pm, said Shahin Chakladar, general secretary of the district unit of Awami League.
District administration has taken various security arrangements to ward off any untoward incident marking the visit of the PM.
More than 1,000 police personnel will be deployed in and around the rally venue and at different important points of the district town.