- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
National Taekwondo: Army clinches men’s title, Ansar & VDP women’s
Bangladesh Army clinched the men’s and Bangladesh Ansar & VDPthe women’s title of the Trust Bank 15th National Senior and Junior Taekwondo Championship that concluded at the National Sports Council gymnasium here on Sunday.
Border Guard Bangladesh finished runners-up in the men’s group while Bangladesh Army became runners-up in the women’s group.
Youth and Sports Secretary of ruling Awami League and veteran sports organizer Harun-ur Rashid was the chief guest at the day’s closing function and distributed the prizes.
Chief Executive Officer of TVS Auto Biplob Kumar Roy was the special guest at the function, chaired by Bangladesh Taekwondo Federation (BTF) President Kazi Morshed Hossain Kamal. BTF general secretary Mahmudul Islam Rana was also present on the occasion.
In the men’s junior group, BKSP emerged champions while Cox’s Bazar and Sirajganj DSAs finished joints runners-up.
In the women’s junior group, Comilla DSA emerged champions while Chittagong and Sirajganj DSAs finished joint runners-up.
Some 800 Taekwondo players from 30 districts, universities, education boards and organisations took part in the three-day meet.