- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
‘Missing’ BNP leader Sadat put on 3-day remand
A court here on Sunday granted a three-day remand for central BNP leader Syed Sadat Ahmed, who was arrested on Saturday night after four months of his disappearance, in an arson case filed with Ramna Police Station.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Pranab Kumar Whui passed the order after investigation officer of the case Sub-inspector Md Saiful Islam of Detective Branch of police sought a 10-day remand to interrogate Sadat, also the managing director of ABN Group.
After four months of his disappearance, DB police arrested the BNP leader from Rampura area of the city on Saturday night.
Sadar was arrested for instigating an arson attack on a private car that claimed a life in Moghbazar area during the non-stop blockade in 2015 sponsored by the BNP-led alliance.