- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Fire at N’ganj textile mill
A textile mill caught fire at Godnyle under Siddhirganj Police Station of the city on Monday night.
The fire erupted at Ibrahim Composite Textile Mills Ltd around 8:20pm, said duty officer Ataur Rahman at the Fire Service and Civil Defence central control room.
On information, six firefighting units from Demra, Haziganj and Mondalpara rushed in and brought the blaze under control around 9:50pm.
The origin of the fire could not be known immediately and there was no report of any casualty in the incident, Ataur added.