- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Another unsuccessful JSC examinee ‘kills self’ in Chandpur
Another Junior School Certificate (JSC) examinee, who failed to pass the examination, allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at Sasiali village in Faridganj upazila on Monday.
The deceased was identified as Sumaiya Akhtar, 14, daughter of Harun-or-Rashid of the village and a student of Paikpara UG High School.
Family sources said Sumaiya hanged herself from the ceiling of her room as she could not bear the pain of failure in the examination.
Family members rescued her and took her to Faridganj Upazila Health Complex where doctors declared her dead.
Earlier on Saturday, two more unsuccessful girls committed suicide in Faridganj and Sadar upazilas.