- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Zulfikar Aziz new chairman of Ctg port
Bangladesh Air Force officer Commodore Zulfikar Aziz has been appointed as the new chairman of Chittagong Port Authority (CPA).
Aziz will replace Rear Admiral M Khalid Iqbal as the new chairman.
Public Administration Ministry attached him to Shipping Ministry on Tuesday, according to an order of the ministry signed by deputy secretary Numeri Zaman.
In the same order, Bangladesh Air Force officer Captain Khandaker Akter Hossain has been appointed as member (Engineering) of the CPA.
Existing chairman Rear Admiral M Khalid Iqbal was transferred to Bangladesh Armed Forces.
Talking to UNB, Zulfikar Aziz said as a new chairman, my first target is to turn the port into an international standard one.