- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
50 SSC examinees fall ill after having ‘tehari’
Cox’s Bazar, BdChronicle:
At least 50 Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examinees of Eidgah Ideal High School in Sadar upazila fell sick after eating ‘tehari’ on Tuesday.
Cox’s Bazar Sadar Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) Md Noman Hossain said at least 50 students of the school felt ill after having ‘tehari’ taken from Purbani Hotel and Restaurant of the area on the occasion of New Year 2018.
On information, upazila administration conducted a drive on the hotel and restaurant and sealed off it, the UNO added.
The sick students were admitted to Diabetic Care and Hospital adjacent to the school, he said.
Meanwhile, the upazila administration has formed a three-member committee to investigate the incident.
Khurshidul Jannat, headmistress of the school, said they will take legal action against the hotel owner Uttam Roy Pulak.