- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Kuwait Army chief praises BD Army for Sreemangal rescue operation
Chief of Staff of Kuwait Armed Forces Lt Gen Mohammad Khaled Al Khadher on Thursday highly appreciated Bangladesh Army personnel for their quick rescue operation after the emergency landing of Bangladesh Air Force helicopter carrying him and 15 others in Sreemangal on Wednesday.
"The capability of the Bangladesh Army personnel in the rescue is highly appreciable... they came for the rescue in just five minutes' time after the emergency landing," he said.
The visiting Kuwait Armed Forces chief came up with the remark when he met Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at her official residence Ganobhaban.
PM's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim briefed reporters after the meeting.
Lt Gen Mohammad Khaled Al Khadher said Bangladesh and Kuwait have a strong relation and he has come to Bangladesh to strengthen it further.
He mentioned that more than 6000 Bangladeshi armed forces members are working in Kuwait and they are highly professional and dedicated ones.
Talking about the Rohingya issue, Khaled Al Khadher appreciated the move of Bangladesh.
Regarding the ongoing joint training between Bangladesh and Kuwait army personnel, he said this has created a new opportunity in providing joint training.
Welcoming him to Bangladesh, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said Bangladesh has given shelter to the Myanmar Rohingyas on humanitarian ground temporarily.
She said the Bangladesh government is looking after their medical needs and education in addition to providing other facilities.
The Prime Minister greeted Kuwait Amir and Prime Minister through its Army chief.