- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Two DU teachers relived of academic activities
Dr Akib Ul Huque, an assistant professor of Psychology Department, and Umme Kawser, a lecturer of Educational and Counseling Psychology Department of Dhaka University (DU) have been relived of all academic activities for different terms.
The academic committee of Psychology Department took the decision to refrain Akib from participating in all academic activities until further notice, Prof Dr. Azizur Rahaman, a teacher of the Department, told UNB on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Educational and Counseling Psychology Department relived Umme Kawser of all academic activities for a year.
Dr Akib Ul Huque and Umme Kawser were found along in room No 3049 locked from inside in the university’s Arts Faculty Building on Saturday.
On that day, Akib’s wife filed written complaint against them to Vice-chancellor, Psychology Department and Educational and Counseling Department for taking steps against their alleged unethical activities.
Earlier, on August 5, Akib and Umme Kawser were held at the same room of the Arts Faculty Building for the same offence.