- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Minor boy implicated in a Ctg case gets bail
A minor boy had to stay at a safe home and missed out his annual exam as the sixth grader along with his mother has been falsely implicated in an attempt to murder case in Chittagong.
The plaintiff, allegedly with an ulterior motive, filed a case against one Rozina Begum and her son, Sohel, a 12-year boy, by showing the age of the boy as 19-year in the case document.
Finally on Saturday, Sohel got released on bail from safe home with the help of a human rights organigasion but he failed to appear in his Class-VI annual exam for his one-month stay at safe home in the fake case, victim’s mother Rozina Begum alleged.
Bangladesh Human Right Foundation (BHRF) sources said Nurul Islam of Keochia area of Satkania upazila filed an attempt to murder case against Rozina Begum and Sohel showing him as 19-year old youth with the court.
On December 4 last, the court sent Sohel to Drop-in-center (Boys Safe Home) and granted bail to his mother.
In the meantime, police submitted final report to the court seeking Sohel’s acquittal from the charge as evidence was not found against him.