- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Govt. allots 27 lk pieces of blankets for cold-hit poor
Government has allotted 27 lakh pieces of blankets, including 18 lakhs from Prime Minister’s relief fund, and sent those for cold-hit poor people mainly in northern region of the country.
Disaster Management and Relief Minister Mofazzal Hossain Chowdhury Maya came up with the statistics while addressing two separate warm cloth distribution programmes at Motlab upazila of the district on Saturday morning.
Mentioning that the Prime Minister has asked lawmakers and its leaders and activists to stand beside cold-hit people, Maya asked lawmakers for quick distribution of blankets.
Maya also urged country people irrespective of political identities and beliefs to help cold-hit people.