- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Hold council within March, Quader asks BCL
Awami League general secretary Oabidul Quader on Saturday asked the leaders of Bangladesh Chattra League (BCL), the student wing of Awami League, to hold its next council within March this year.
Addressing a programme marking BCL’s 70th founding anniversary at Aparajeyo Bangla on the Dhaka University campus, Quader said, “I discussed with our Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina about the BCL council. She wants it to be held by March, the month of independence."
Quader, also the Road, Transports and Bridges Minister, advised the incumbent president and secretary of BCL for taking preparations to hold the council. “Though there’re some criticisms against the incumbent committee, they also have some achievements.”
Presided over BCL president Saifur Rahman Sohag and conducted by general secretary SM Zakir Hossain, AL joint general secretary adv Jahangir Kabir Nanak, organising secretary Enamul Haq Shameem, AFM Bahauddin Nasim, among others, spoke on the occasion.