- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Pranab to arrive Jan 15
Former Indian president Pranab Mukherjee will arrive in Dhaka on January 15 on a three-day private visit.
Indian Assistant High Commissioner in Chittagong Anindya Banerjee said the former president will arrive in Bangladesh on January 15 but his programmes are yet to be finalized.
Officials at the Indian Assistant High Commission office here said Pranab Mukherjee is expected visit the home of Masterda Surya Sen, an influential leader of Indian independence movement against British rule, at Noapara village under Raozan Upazila in Chittagong.
He will meet President Abdul Hamid and attend some other programmes in Dhaka, said the officials.
Pranab, who served as the 13th president of India and has been enjoying retirement by reading books and writing a diary, is likely attend programmes of Dhaka University and Chittagong University.