- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Fight over badminton leaves 2 dead in Mymensingh
Two young men were stabbed to death following a brawl over playing badminton at Shahpara in Haluaghat municipality on Saturday evening.
The deceased were identified as Sourav, 22, and Akash, 23, residents of the area.
Quamrul Islam Miah, officer-in-charge of Haluaghat Police Station, said two groups of youths locked into an altercation around 7:45pm while playing badminton.
At one stage, rivals stabbed Sourav, Akash and another young man indiscriminately, leaving them injured.
Locals rescued the trio and took them to Haluaghat Upazila Health Complex where doctors declared the former two dead, the OC said.