- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
2 security guards’ bodies recovered from abandoned factory in Dhamrai
Police recovered two security guard’s bodies from an abandoned factory at Sreerampur area of Dhamrai upazila on Saturday.
The deceased were identified as Raja Mia, 50, hailing from Manikganj district and Shahidul Islam, 40, hailing from Bogra district. The victims worked as the security guards of a color- and water-producing factory named Alight in the area.
Quoting Rezaul Haque Dipu, another security guard, officer-in-charge of Dhamrai Police Station, said some miscreants swooped on the factory premises breaking the fence on Friday night and killed them.
Upon primary investigation, police suspect that it was no ordinary break-in gone wrong. The OC said the abandoned premises may have acted as the den for staging different criminal activities that various actors from outside also took part in. And the two guards may have been killed over an issue arising out of such activity, added the OC.
The OC further said it is suspected the murders were perpetrated with a heavy object as the murder weapon.
The factory has been closed for two years, OC added.