- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
JUST assistant professor relieved from work over prolonged absence
Jessore University of Science and Technology (JUST) fired assistant professor Masuma Akter of the Department of Fisheries and Marine Bioscience from her position over long absences from work.
The university authority took the decision at the 46th Regent Board Meeting of the university at JUST Vice-Chancellor’s Conference room on Saturday.
According to the board meeting Masuma Akter took educational leave from the university to go abroad on September 9, 2013 and since then has not returned to work at all.
The university authority even published advertisement in a national daily and issued several letters to her permanent address in this regard, but met with no response.
Finally the authority decided to fire her.
Professor Dr M Anwar Hossain, Vice –Chancellor and president of the Regent Board, Shawpan Bhattacharjee, Member of Parliament of Jessore-5 constituency, SM Jaglul Hayder , Member of Parliament of Satkhira-4 constituency, Professor Dr M Golam Shahi Alam, Vice-Chancellor of Sylhet Agricultural University, Professor Dr Shariff Enamul Kabir, former member of Bangladesh Public Service Commission and professor of Department of Chemistry at Jahangirnagar University, Mohammad Abdul Alim, chairman, Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Jessore, Dr Md Shahjahan Kabir, Director General of Bangladesh Rice Research Institute (BRRI), Registrar ,Treasurer and Deans of different faculties of the university, among others were present at the meeting.