- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Comilla Medical College violence: 52 BCL men Sued
Some 52 leaders and activists of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) Comilla Medical College unit were sued on Saturday over a clash between two factions of BCL of the unit that left 10 students injured on early Friday.
Dr. Jahangir Hossain Bhuyan, acting principal of the medical college, filed a case with Kotwali Model Police Station accusing 52 leaders and activists of BCL mentioning 17 named, said Md Salauddin, Inspector (Investigation) of the police station.
Earlier on Friday the supporters of BCL leaders Abdul Hannan and Habbur Rahman Polash locked into a clash over establishing supremacy at the college campus that l that left 16 students injured.
Police arrested Riyad Hossain and Soumitra Acharya in this connection and court sent them to the jail while police produced them before the court.
The college authorities declared the college closed until January 11 following a clash.
Among the injured, Toufiq was admitted to Square Hospital in the capital while Ifran to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital with severe injuries.
Five other injured were admitted to Comilla Medical College and Hospital.
Most of the students have left their dormitories as the authorities earlier asked them to leave those by 2pm on Friday.