- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Earn people’s trust thru’ services, President to public reps
President Abdul Hamid on Saturday asked the public representatives and government officials to earn people’s trust through their services.
“Serving people should be the goal of everyone. For this, people’s trust has to be gained by providing services,” he said while addressing a views-exchange meeting with the local representatives, government officials and other professionals at Kushtia Circuit House in the evening.
The President also urged the local politicians, public representatives and government employees to bolster communication with the mass people to resolve several social problems, including child marriage.
He also called for taking initiatives to use all the potentials of development.
Mentioning that the independence is the best achievement of the country’s people, Hamid urged the progressive and pro-liberation forces to get united to make the independence meaningful.
Earlier, the President, who arrived here around 1:45pm on a two-day tour, visited Shilaidaha Kuthibari, the country house of Nobel laureate poet Rabindranath Tagore, in Kumarkhali upazila and Lalon Academy.
President’s wife Rashida Khanam, other family members, local leaders, secretaries concerned to Bangabhaban accompanied the President.
Abdul Hamid will address the 4th Convocation of Islamic University, the first higher educational institution in the southwestern part of the country, at 12:30pm on Sunday.