- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
7 killed as bus overturns in Feni
Seven people were killed and 30 others injured as a bus overturned after hitting a CNG-run auto-rickshaw at Amirgaon on Feni-Noakhali regional highway in Daganbhuiyan upazila on Saturday evening.
Officer-in-charge of Daganbhuiyan Police Station Abul Kalam Azad said the Noakhali-bound bus of ‘Shahi Paribahan’ crashed into the three-wheeler around 7 pm after its driver lost his control over the steering while giving side to a motorcycle.
The bus flipped over on the road after hitting the auto-rickshaw, leaving three passengers and the auto driver dead on the spot and 33 others injured.
The injured were taken to Daganbhuiyan Upazila Health Complex where doctors declared three of them dead, the OC said, adding that the deceased were yet to be identified.
Nine of the injured were shifted to Chittagong Medical College Hospital as their condition deteriorated, he said.
On information, members of Fire Service and Civil Defence rushed in and salvaged the bus around 9 pm with the help of police and locals.
The vehicular movement on the regional highway came to a halt following the accident, Azad said, adding that the traffic started to move slowly from 10 pm.