- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
HC halts Sonali, Rupali and Janata banks’ recruitment test
The High Court on Sunday stayed the recruitment process for the post of senior officers, officer and officer (cash) of state owned Sonali Bank, Rupali Bank and Janata Bank.
The recruitment examination for senior officers of eight state owned banks was scheduled to be held on January 12.
The HC bench of Justice Moyeenul Islam Chowdhury and Justice JBM Hassan passed the order after hearing on a writ petition filed by 28 candidates who applied for the different posts of Sonali Bank as per the circular issued in 2016.
The court also issued a rule asking the authorities concerned to explain why the circular issued by the Bankers Selection Committee in 2017 for recruiting officers for the three state owned banks would not be declared illegal and why they would not be directed to hold recruitment test as per the circular issued in 2016 ahead before holding test as per last year’s circular.
The Bangladesh Bank, Finance Secretary and two others have been asked to respond to the rule within four weeks.
Advocate Rashidul Haque Khokon and Advocate Tanjil Al Islam stood for the petitioner and deputy attorney general Motahar Hossain Saju for the state.
Advocate Rashedul said that the three banks issued a circular for recruitment test in 2016. Without holding the test, Bankers Selection Association issued a combined circular in 2017 for holding recruitment test of eight state banks including the three, for the post of senior offices, officer and cash officers. The test for the post of senior officer was scheduled to be held on January 12.