- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Sylhet BCL man stabbed dead ‘by rivals’
A local activist of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) was stabbed to death allegedly by rivals at Tilagarh in the city on Sunday night.
The deceased was identified as Tanim Khan, an activist of Sylhet Govt College unit BCL and son of Israil Khan of Nij Bhurungamari village in Osmaninagar upazila.
Akhtar Hossain, officer-in-charge of Shah Paran Police Station, said two BCL groups had long been at loggerheads over establishing their dominance at MC College.
As a sequel of the enmity, rivals swooped on Tanim at Tilagarh Point around 9pm and stabbed him indiscriminately, leaving him critically injured.
Locals rescued him and took him to Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital where doctors declared him dead, the OC added.