- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Ecnec approves 13 projects involving Tk 12,415.79 cr
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec) on Tuesday approved 13 projects involving an overall cost of Tk 12,415.79 crore.
The approval came from the weekly Ecnec meeting held at NEC conference room here with Ecnec Chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Briefing reporters after the meeting, Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal said, "A total of 13 projects were approved today involving an overall cost of Tk 12,415.79 crore."
Of the total estimated cost, Tk 11,822.82 crore will come from the national exchequer, while Tk 592.97 crore as project assistance, he said.
Of the projects, the big ones are Vertical Extension of Selected Non-Government Secondary Schools Project with cost of Tk 5,237.38 crore, Arsenic Risk Assessment in Water Supply Project with cost of Tk 1990.96 crore and Upazila Complex Extension (Phase-II) Project with cost of Tk 1925 crore.
The other projects are Development of Land Reclaimed from the Jamuna River in Sirajganj and Protection of Proposed Economic Zone, Protection of Banks of Sangu and Dalu Rivers in Satkania and Lohagara Upazilas of Chittagong, ECB Square-Mirpur Road Extension and Development & Construction of Flyover in Kalsi Square, Construction of Independence Monument in Suhrawardy Udyan (Project phase-III), Construction of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Square, Talaimari, Construction of Administrative Convention Hall in Khulna City, Establishment of 160 Upazila ICT Training and Resources Center for Education (UITRCE) (2nd Phase), Temple-based Education and Mass Education (5th Phase), Development of Jainta-Jaflong part of Dhaka-Sylhet-Tamabil-Jaflong National Highway and Establishment of Lalmonirhat Textile Institute.